Fighting cancer is tough enough alone . . .
. . . Gilda’s Club provides support
Changez Salon fully supports the work of Gilda’s Club Metro Detroit, which provides a social and emotional support program for men, women, teens and children living with cancer, their families and friends in a nonresidential, home-like setting. There is no cost to participate in their program.
Gilda’s Club Detroit is located on Rochester Road in Royal Oak
Gilda’s Programs includes:
- Support groups for people living with cancer, family members and cancer-specific topics (such as Young Adults with Cancer, Women of Color, Multiple Myeloma, etc)
- Education lectures on a variety of cancer-related topics
- Workshops (such as yoga, beading, colored pencils, quilting, guided imagery, ukulele group, etc)
- Children and teen specific activities and groups
- Bereavement support groups
- Social events (monthly Coffee House, special occassions, etc)